Savannah Trails (1-3 hours)
Explore the African bush savannah on your own. The trails are clearly visible and easy to walk on. In addition to game such as springbuck, red hartebeest and kudu as well as steenbuck and duiker Ondekaremba is home to more than 100 bird species – anything from ostrich to sunbirds.
Visit to Windhoek
The capital of the country is the ideal place to experience Namibian people, culture and history, only half an hour’s drive from Ondekaremba. We are happy to provide hints and tips and arrange for transfers.
- Katutura township tour (trained local tour guides show you their part of town, including market place, hairdresser and shebeen)
- City sightseeing tour (highlights of Windhoek and Katutura)
- Independence Avenue & Post Street Mall (cafés, restaurants, jewellers, souvenir shops and stalls)
- Alte Feste ("old fort" museum: history, ethnology)
- National Institute of Geology (earth history, stones and minerals)
- National Art Gallery (art)
- Craft Centre (variety of arts and crafts)
- Warehouse (live music in the evenings, vibrant meeting place)